The Cartier Women's Initiative Awards are open to women entrepreneurs in the initial stages of development, in any country, of any nationality and operating in any industry. All applications must be filled out online on this website. The deadline for applying for this year’s edition is March 15, 2011.
- An original for-profit business creation, wholly conceived of by the team;
- A completely new concept, meaning it cannot be a buy-back, off-shoot, or a subsidiary of an existing concept;
- In the initial phase: the project is in the first stages of its development (between one and three years old);
- The main leadership position must be filled by a woman. A good command of English is required (both verbal and written);
- All entrants must be aged 18 or the age of legal majority in their respective countries or states of citizenship, whichever is older, on the day of the application deadline March 15, 2011.